Alternative Sources of European Funding and how they work, 9th February 2017, 10.15 - 15.00
Although Horizon 2020 is by far the largest research and innovation programme that the European Union runs, there are a whole host of alternative sources of funding. In general these programmesare down-stream, close to market or aim to implement research, which in itself offers opportunities to higher education institutions. Only open to LHE members.
What is it?
- A one day information session with national contact points from the Connecting Europe Facility (infrastructure – transport), LIFE+ programme (environment), and INTERREG (region to region cooperation).
- There will also be 3 short summaries of programmes not represented by the NCPs on this day: development cooperation programmes, Rights, Equality and Citizenship programme and the Health programme.
Who should attend?
- The day will include presentations and question and answer sessions with these contact points and is suitable for those who are new to these funds or those wishing to know what to expect from 2017.
- Academics working on one of the topics addressed by the funds, research office staff managing applications and post-award administration are encouraged to attend.
- As previously mentioned the funds are down-stream in nature. For examples please look at projects run by Strathclyde University (CEF), Liverpool St John Moors (LIFE+), and Greenwich (INTERREG).
The timing of this event is consciously designed to give your institutions a boost in time for the release of 2017 calls and their subsequent deadlines.
Which part is right for me?
- This workshop is split into three sessions, each session will be up to one hour and include a question and answer element. Participants are welcome to attend any combination of the three.
Who can attend?
- This event is exclusive to London Higher Europe member institutions. Places are restricted to two delegates from each member institution (in the first instance). Further places may be released after the registration deadline.
Enquiries to email@example.com
Register before 6th Feb 2017!
Please note, the Connecting Europe Facility is still subject to change and may be withdrawn as a speaker.