University Research Administrators - Developing your EU funding skills: institutions, lobbying, funding and networks
1-2 July 2015, Brussels
As domestic research budgets continue to become more concentrated it is becoming increasingly important for UK universities to look to EU sources of funding. The researchers and research administrators of the future will need to be adept in working the levers of EU funding and, indeed, funding policy. This two-day mission for LHE members to Brussels is targeted at research administrators and support staff with little prior experience of working in an EU context. Its aim is to provide a baseline understanding of:
- EU institutions and how they work;
- The essential research funding context for universities;
- and an introduction to networking across the EU village
It is targeted specifically at staff with little or no knowledge of the EU. These delegates will benefit from:
- Bespoke sessions on the EU and how it works, funding opportunities for universities and the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Programme for young researchers;
- A tour of the EU Parliament and other Brussels based offices (e.g. UKRO);
- Networking opportunities with colleagues from other London institutions, London European Office and London Higher Europe staff;
- The chance to begin to develop their EU network of contacts.
This programme is for LHE members only.